Megan M. Wallace
Megan Wallace is the principal and founder of Wallace Law, LLC. She has been an active part of the legal and business community for many years. After clerking for the Michigan Supreme Court, Megan moved to Washington, DC to earn her LL.M. in taxation from the Georgetown University Law Center. She focused her studies on estate planning and business planning. She now applies that knowledge for her clients’ benefit in all areas of her practice. Megan is licensed in Maryland, Virginia and the District of Columbia and practices regularly in all of those jurisdictions.
Megan concentrates much of her practice in the area of estate planning, trust administration and probate, in which her background in business law and tax law are highly relevant. She derives a great deal of satisfaction from helping to put clients’ minds at ease with a well-crafted estate plan that addresses all of their concerns.
Megan recognizes that a comprehensive estate plan encompasses more than just financial and tax matters. As a parent of twins, she feels strongly that parents should name guardians for their children at the earliest opportunity. A will is a parent’s best opportunity to take care of their children after death.
Megan drafts estate planning documents customized to each client’s particular needs, including revocable trusts, wills, advance medical directives, HIPAA authorizations, and general powers of attorney, as well as sophisticated tax-planning instruments. Clients frequently comment on Megan’s approachability and ability to make a difficult topic accessible and understandable.
Megan often volunteers her expertise to speak to parenting groups, church groups, and other community organizations. Please contact her directly if you would like her to speak to your group.
Megan is an Adjunct Professor at American University’s Washington College of Law, where she teaches an upper level course on Wills, Trusts and Estates.
- District of Columbia
- Georgia (periodically inactive)
- Michigan (inactive)
Peer & Industry Recognition
- Received the highest A-V rating in the Martindale-Hubbell Law Directory. This rating indicates that Megan's peers rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
- Recognized as a Top Trusts & Estates Attorney in 2019 by Bethesda Magazine (peer selected)
- Recognized as a Rising Star (Trusts & Estates) Attorney in 2018 by Bethesda Magazine (peer selected)
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust & Estate Law Section)
- District of Columbia Bar Association (Estates, Trusts and Probate Law Section; Family Law Section; and Real Estate, Housing and Land Use Section)
- Maryland State Bar Association (Estate & Trust Section)
- Montgomery County, Maryland Bar Association
- Virginia State Bar Association (Trusts & Estates Section)
- Washington, D.C. Estate Planning Council
- Estate Planning Council of Montgomery County, Maryland (Membership Committee)
- HRC Estate Planning Partner
- Legacy / Estate / Gift Planning and Planned Giving Professionals
- State Bar of Georgia (periodically inactive)
- State Bar of Michigan (inactive)
Clerkship & Teaching Position
- Adjunct Professor (Wills, Trusts & Estates) - American University Washington College of Law
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Marilyn J. Kelly of the Michigan Supreme Court