|Ms. Wallace received the highest A-V rating from the Martindale-Hubbell
legal directory. This rating indicates that Ms. Wallace's peers
rank her at the highest level of professional excellence.
|"Ms. Wallace is one of the most responsive, knowledgeable
and dynamic attorneys I have encountered. As an attorney myself,
I was particular about finding someone who is experienced, conscientious
and resourceful to serve as my own lawyer. Ms. Wallace has represented
me and my family with the utmost of professionalism and compassion.
I have also been thoroughly impressed with her level of service
to the broader community and charitable causes."
- American Bar Association (Real Property, Trust & Estate
- The Barristers Club of Washington, D.C.
- CREW (Commercial Real Estate Women) Suburban Maryland
- Immediate Past Treasurer & Board Member
- District of Columbia Bar Association
- Estate Planning Council of Suburban Maryland
- HRC Estate Planning Partner
- Legacy / Estate / Gift Planning and Planned Giving Professionals
- Maryland State Bar Association
- Montgomery County Bar Association
- State Bar of Georgia (inactive)
- State Bar of Michigan (inactive)
- Virginia State Bar Association
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland
- Women's Bar Association of Maryland (Montgomery County
- Women's Bar Association of DC
- Agnes Scott College Alumnae Club - Steering Committee
- Georgetown University Law Center Alumni Association
- HRC Federal Club Member
- Montgomery County Parents of Multiples Club - Parliamentarian
& Board Member
- Rainbow Families DC – Board Member
- Whitman-Walker Clinic volunteer
Megan M. Wallace
Wallace is the principal and founder of Wallace Law, LLC. She has
been an active part of the legal and business community for twelve
years. After clerking for the Michigan Supreme Court, Ms. Wallace
moved to Washington, DC to pursue her LL.M. in taxation from the
Georgetown University Law Center. She focused her studies on estate
planning and business planning. She now applies that knowledge for
her clients’ benefit in all areas of her practice. Ms. Wallace
is licensed throughout the DC area, including Maryland, Virginia
and the District of Columbia.
In the area of business planning, Ms. Wallace focuses her practice
on limited liability companies, subchapter-S corporations, sole
proprietorships and partnerships. She enjoys working with new businesses
to get them started properly. She also excels in working with existing
businesses to keep the operations running smoothly. Business succession
planning is critical. Ms. Wallace can work with you to ensure an
appropriate plan is in place for you and your business partners.
When it comes time to buy a new business or sell
an established business, contact Ms. Wallace early in the process
to maximize the benefit of her experience.
Ms. Wallace can help put your mind at ease with a well-crafted
estate plan. She can draft the appropriate documents for you, such
as a Will, Advance Medical Directive, HIPAA Authorization and General
Power of Attorney. As a parent of twins, Ms.
Wallace feels passionately that parents should name guardians for
their children at the earliest opportunity. A Will is a parent’s
best opportunity to take care of their children after death.
Non-profit and tax-exempt organizations frequently seek Ms. Wallace’s
counsel for every aspect of their operations. She can assist a new
organization with the necessary corporate filings and IRS filings
as well as work with established organizations on daily operational
Ms. Wallace also has extensive experience in real estate matters.
She has represented clients in matters before administrative agencies,
including the Montgomery County Council, the Montgomery County Planning
Board, the Montgomery County Board of Appeals, the City of Rockville
Planning Commission and the District of Columbia Board of Zoning
Ms. Wallace serves on numerous boards and often
volunteers her expertise to speak to parenting groups, church groups,
and other community organizations. Ms. Wallace will also
consider donating her legal services for charitable and school fundraisers,
so please contact her directly if you would like to make a request.
- LL.M. (Taxation), Georgetown University Law Center
- J.D., cum laude, The Thomas M. Cooley Law School
- Managing Editor, Thomas M. Cooley Law Review
- B.A. (Psychology), Agnes Scott College
- District of Columbia
- Georgia (inactive)
- Michigan (inactive)
- "The Ethical Considerations of Defense Strategies When
Confronted With a Victim Impact Statement – Give Us Dirty
Laundry?" 13 T.M. Colley L. Rev. 991 (1996)
- "The Development and Impact of the Digital Performance
Right in Sound Records Act of 1995" 14 T. M. Cooley L. Rev.
CLERKSHIP & TEACHING POSITION:
- Law Clerk to the Honorable Marilyn J. Kelly of the Michigan
- Former Adjunct Professor of Law – Thomas M. Cooley Law